Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Rupert

For those of you that don't know, I have a pet snake.  He lives in my bathroom window and occasionally will say hello.  Seeing as he was on the other side of the glass, Rupert and I were friends.
He's in the middle with his head resting on the stick.












One morning I was getting ready and while brushing my teeth, turned my head towards the window only to see Rupert's head on my window sill...INSIDE the bathroom.  Rupert and I's friendship was based solely on the fact that he was living outside of the window so at this point, it was survival of the fittest.
I quickly ran out of the bathroom, grabbed my camera for proof, and then proceeded to finish getting ready...outside of the bathroom.  Before leaving, I went into the bathroom to check on him and make sure I was leaving him were I could see him...only I couldn't.  Rupert had disappeared.  I only had a few minutes left before needing to leave and I spent that precious time booby-trapping my room.   After my friends had fun telling me all the places he could show up (my bed, shoes, etc.) they came over to help me snake hunt.  We found him outside again but he hid in the wall before we could get him.  Needless to say, now there is tape over the crack in the window and me and Rupert are friends again.

1 comment:

Meg said...

ugh, I just died again reading this.

Post a Comment