Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Divine Provision

You know those days where everything goes wrong.  EVERYTHING.  Day's when your car battery is dead and getting a new battery is a 2 hour long $100 adventure. Day's when you leave home at 8 and get back 14 1/2 hours later. Day's that you are so emotionally drained you can't even talk.  And then, maybe you spray water all over yourself because the bathroom sink is messed up.  Day's when you only remember stuff when you don't need to get it and you only forget those very important things when you are running late.  And while heading over to grab the thing you forgot that is making you late, you're crying and have no way of stopping because you are so drained of any energy all you can do is cry.  And then the place you are going to is the first bible study of the semester and you have to lead it with abounding joy and overflowing energy and the thought of that is totally overwhelming.  

That was my day.  I was ready to quit and crying in the parking lot 5 minutes before bible study was proof of that.  But thank God that I was forced to continue with my day.  Cause bible study kinda rocked my world.

Tonight was one of the most intense bible studies ever.  I saw God opening hearts.  I've never had that experience with people I've just met before, and even if most of them didn't know how to handle sharing the things God was placing on their hearts, it was neat to see them open up so much.  Two people starting tearing up from sharing about death's they've had to deal with.  People started confessing things they knew needed to change (to almost complete strangers).  We talked for twice the time that was planned for and we could have talked way longer.  It was just really cool.  

In a way, I'm a little bit scared for this semester because I see a lot of places that weren't controlled tonight and I think if Kevyn and I are able to harness the energy and excitement we saw tonight, the potential is unbelievable.  These freshmen are visioning for what they want on our campus already and it completely blows me away.  I'm really excited to become friends with these amazing individuals and catch some of the fire they have for Jesus!!  

I have been in a similar situation several times this semester already.  Holy cow, that's a lot of s's.  Anyway, the pattern is becoming : I freak out, God provides above and beyond.  It happened again.  Second week of school and I think this would be the third time God has revealed himself in this way.  

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,' declares the Lord, 'and will bring you back from captivity."  Jeremiah 29 : 11 - 14a

No comments:

Post a Comment