Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hello again!!

I realize it has been near a million years since I have posted anything here.  I need to get better.  And I think I will be!  Because I've been encouraged to spend 5 minutes a day thinking about the ways God showed himself to me and how that is changing me as a leader.  I've adapted it a little so that not only am I reflecting on how he's showing himself, but I also take time to ask him to reveal himself to me.

And it's really neat to spend time thinking about it!  Asking myself how I am being changed as a leader is one of the hardest questions I've ever had to answer, but reflecting on how God is showing up has been really neat.  Because he has been!  I think I had a mentality that InterVarsity at Mines was kinda being abandoned this year.  And we did lose a lot of people and a lot of support.  I was excited for the potential of what our fellowship could accomplish without our head, but very nervous at the same time.

I seemed to completely forget that God is ultimately our leader and that he will always provide.  I'm blown away by how he has provided.  The pattern I've been noticing now is I'll worry about one thing, and then God comes through in this over-the-top way that amazes me.  Then something else comes up that I worry about and God provides for that as well.  I hope I can start remembering all the ways I've been cared for so that I can release my controls and give everything up to God.  I'm so excited about the potential I am already seeing for this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment