Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

At A Loss For Words

This is a bad place to be in on a Tuesday night for me.  This is the second official week of the large group blog that I have been writing, and I've been loving using a blog as a medium to reach out to people.  It has been a blessing to have the responsibility to reflect and to encourage others to do the same. Week 2 seems like a pretty important week in the scheme of "marketing" the blog.  It is still new enough to spark peoples interest and they have now heard about it from several different sources.  Facebook brings 40 page views, emails bring 80, so as time goes on, people are starting to notice.

Unfortunately they are noticing the same week we have a sex and relationship talk at large group.  Don't get me wrong, I love relationships.  Relationships are how I see God.  I can see the beauty in a relationship that is striving towards God and I love how the relationship between God and the church is described by a marriage.

This topic does not make me uncomfortable at all, in fact it's a conversation I think I have had with almost all of my friends.  But I am scared to write this post for all of Intervarsity and Facebook friends to read.  How do I write broad enough to make everyone happy, try to limit making people uncomfortable, and still get the point across?

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Well I think you did a great job with the blog from Large Group Rachael! That is a really hard topic and you did a great job summarizing the important points as well as encouraging discussion. Thank you so much for all that you do!

Post a Comment