Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Shiny Happy People

Summer brings the wild, crazy, mean people to the hotel.  The latest example? Being a slave to Satan herself.  But praise be to God, there are also nice people.  Today was a day full of nice people.  And I made a friend!

A guest called from a few blocks away asking for directions.  I thought my directions were clear enough, two right turns and you've reached your destination!  But he called 10 minutes later hopelessly lost.  It was a bonding moment only furthered when he finally reached the hotel and checked in.

He came a little bit later for some wine...and also some beer and we got to chatting.  Like I said, good friends.  He headed back to the room, his wife, and his two little ones, and I back to work.  I like having fun with guests and this is generally the extent that I'll talk to them.  But me and my new friend had one more meeting when I walked out of the back door of the hotel and caught him and his wife making out.  Good, good friends.

That man single-handedly made the last week and a half at work worth it.  I'm just sorry I can't say goodbye tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment